A recent article in California news talks about a police chase that ended in a fatal crash. The chase began after an armed robbery and the suspect was driving a stolen vehicle. The crash occurred when the suspect vehicle collided with a fixed object and one person was killed and another was seriously injured in the crash. The article also states that the suspect is still at large.
The police chase began in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco and ended in the Bayview district. The chase lasted for approximately 10 minutes and the police department is investigating the incident. There is dashcam footage showing the police chasing the driver on Highway 101. It is important that if someone is injured during a police pursuit, they reach out to a lawyer as soon as possible to understand what their rights are.
Help With Injuries From A Police Pursuit
Police pursuits are dangerous events that can have serious consequences for everyone involved. If you are involved in a police pursuit, it is important to know your rights and how to protect them.
Your Rights During A Police Pursuit
- You have the right to remain silent. You do not have to answer any questions from the police without a lawyer present.
- You have the right to an East Los Angeles, CA police pursuit accident lawyer. If you are arrested, you have the right to have an attorney present during questioning.
- You have the right to a fair trial. If you are charged with a crime, you have the right to a fair trial in front of a judge and jury.
Your Rights After A Police Pursuit
If you are involved in a police pursuit, you may have the right to compensation for any injuries or damages that you suffer, as lawyers from Barry P. Goldberg know. However, it is important to note that the law in this area is complex and varies.
Here are some of the things that you need to consider if you are thinking about filing a lawsuit after a police pursuit:
- Did the police have a reasonable suspicion that you had committed a crime before they initiated the pursuit?
- Did the police officers act negligently in conducting the pursuit?
- Were you injured or did you suffer any property damage as a result of the pursuit?
If you believe that you have a case, you should contact a lawyer to discuss your options. A lawyer can help you understand the law in your state and can advise you on the best course of action.
Here are some tips for protecting your rights after a police pursuit:
- If you are involved in a police pursuit, try to pull over as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Do not resist arrest.
- If you are arrested, ask for a lawyer.
- Keep a record of all of your medical bills and other expenses related to the pursuit.
- Contact a lawyer to discuss your options.
Find Legal Help Today
Police pursuits are dangerous events, but you have rights. If you are involved in a police pursuit, it is important to know your rights and how to protect them. If you are injured or suffer any property damage as a result of a police pursuit, you may have the right to compensation, so call your lawyer for help when you are ready.