Sex Discrimination Lawyer Simi Valley, CA
If you believe you’re the victim of gender discrimination at work, you should get in touch with a sex discrimination lawyer in Simi Valley, CA. You don’t have to put up with this type of treatment forever. A lawyer can help you pursue a legal claim against your employer.
Signs of Sex Discrimination at Work
Even in this day and age, sex discrimination still exists in the workplace. However, the discrimination may not always be so obvious. Here are a few signs to look out for.
- Male Employees’ Comments Get Taken More Seriously During Meetings: It can be very discouraging if male employees’ comments always get taken more seriously at meetings than female employees’ comments. For example, you may have spent a while finding a way to cut costs at your company and present your idea at a meeting, and no one seems that interested. A little while later, a male employee suggests a similar idea and everyone is all ears. This could be a sign of gender discrimination.
- Your Employer Often Asks If You’re Having Kids: It is not appropriate to bring up the subject of having kids in the workplace. In fact, it could actually be a sign of gender discrimination. If you notice that your employer frequently asks you if you plan on having kids soon, he or she may worry that you won’t be as committed to your job if you do become pregnant.
- Female Employees Get Disciplined More Harshly Than Male Employees: If you notice that female employees are usually disciplined more harshly than their male counterparts, there may be gender discrimination at your workplace. For instance, if you got written up for being a few minutes late to work while a male employee didn’t get disciplined for being late, you should contact a sex discrimination lawyer in Simi Valley, CA.
- You Receive Regular Comments About Your Appearance: It’s one thing to make an occasional comment on your outfit, such as, “That is a nice dress.” However, if your boss or coworkers frequently make comments about your appearance, it may be another sign of sex discrimination.
- Male Employees Always Receive Promotions Over Female Employees: If the female employees in your workplace never receive promotions, despite having the same qualifications as the male employees, discrimination may be taking place.
Schedule a consultation with a sex discrimination lawyer like those at Barry P. Goldberg in Simi Valley, CA today.