Rental Car Accident Attorney Tarzana, CA
If you were injured in a car accident caused by a rental car driver, you should get in touch with a rental car accident attorney in Tarzana, CA. These types of accident cases tend to be more complex, so it’s good to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
Steps to Take After a Rental Car Accident
Many people use rental cars these days. With the increased number of rental vehicles on the road, there are bound to be more accidents. Here are the steps you should take if you were hit by a rental car driver.
- Ask the Rental Car Driver for Contact Information: The first thing you have to do is obtain the rental car driver’s personal information, including the person’s full name, phone number, address, driver’s insurance company name and rental car company name. If you plan to sue for damages, this information will come in handy.
- Contact the Police: The police will come to the accident scene and make a report. The report will include important information about what happened, such as when and where the accident took place and who may have been at fault. Don’t forget to ask for a copy of this report for your records.
- Look at the Driver’s Rental Agreement: If it’s okay with the other driver, review his or her rental agreement. If the driver has comprehensive collision coverage, he or she should have access to coverage during an accident.
- Take Photos: If you’re physically capable, you should take a few minutes to take photos of the accident scene with your smartphone camera. Capture shots of your car and the rental vehicle. You should also take pictures of skid marks on the road and traffic signs. If you’re too injured to take photos, ask a bystander for assistance.
- Hire a Lawyer: If you want to file a lawsuit against the rental car driver, it’s beneficial to have a rental car accident attorney in Tarzana, CA on your side. He or she will review your case and determine if you have a good shot at obtaining compensation or not. If your lawyer determines that you have a strong case, he or she will help you gather evidence and negotiate with the insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with a rental car accident attorney in Tarzana, CA today.