If you suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, you should speak to a brain injury lawyer in Simi Valley, CA. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
People suffer brain injuries every day in the U.S. Here are some of the most common causes of these injuries:
- Car Accidents: Brain injuries are one of the most severe and common injuries people can suffer in a car accident. Drivers and passengers are more likely to endure brain injuries when they hit their head against an object or are thrown from their vehicle on impact.
- Medical Malpractice: Believe it or not, brain injuries can also occur in a medical setting. If there’s an improper administration of anesthesia, surgical errors or medication errors, patients are more likely to suffer brain injuries.
- Falls: Falling from heights can also result in severe brain injuries. These types of accidents are more likely to occur at construction sites and factories. For example, a construction worker may fall off a ladder while climbing to the top of a building.
- Bike Accidents: Bicyclists are in danger of suffering a brain injury if they get into an accident with a motor vehicle. They don’t have the protection of a vehicle and can get thrown over their handlebars. Bicyclists can reduce the risk of brain injuries by always wearing a helmet.
- Assault: As a brain injury lawyer in Simi Valley, CA can confirm, brain injuries can also result from violence. If someone hits a person in the head, that person can suffer a brain injury.
Brain Injury Symptoms
If you suffer a brain injury, you may experience a wide range of symptoms, including:
- Loss of consciousness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Sleep troubles
- Difficulty concentrating
- Increased irritability
Recovering Damages for a Brain Injury
If you suffered a brain injury because of someone else’s carelessness, you deserve to be compensated for that. A brain injury can affect you for the rest of life and result in astronomical medical bills. You also may not be able to work anymore.
Proving fault in a brain injury case can be tricky, so it’s important to have an experienced brain injury lawyer on your side. He or she can help you gather the necessary evidence you need to prove your case and negotiate with the insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with a brain injury lawyer in Simi Valley, CA.