Slip and Fall Lawyer Woodland Hills, CA
Attaining Results on Slip & Fall Lawsuits in Woodland Hills & San Fernando Valley
Barry P. Goldberg and his team have achieved great results on slip & fall / trip & fall premises liability cases that others believed impossible. Although many potential clients think that the mere occurrence of an accident on another’s property is sufficient to make a recovery, they are sorely mistaken. In fact, premises liability is one of the few areas of law where the landowner is entitled to a jury instruction that states that he is generally “not responsible” for an accident on his premises, unless certain conditions are proven.
Mr. Goldberg takes immediate steps to investigate the accident location and accurately document the circumstances with photographs of the premises and the corresponding injuries. Identifying the “dangerous condition” as early and accurately as possible is paramount to proving the case and obtaining a successful result. We try to take possession of the footwear involved to preserve this important evidence should it be required later on, including for use in slip tests.
Going Above and Beyond
Mr. Goldberg often hires accident reconstruction and safety experts to copiously measure defects on walkways and stair cases and measure ambient lighting. Those measurements are compared to applicable building codes and standards to determine if the area is unsafe. These experts can also measure the coefficient of friction to determine how slippery a walking is and how the mechanics of an accident occurred. Often, our case is ready and established even before the insurer opens up a file.
More often than ever before, slip and fall and trip and fall accidents are caught on security and surveillance video. We know how to obtain that video from the right sources as soon as possible—before the evidence is destroyed or overwritten. A video actually showing the accident provides a compelling visual which often justifies a larger settlement to our clients. In addition, video eliminates doubts as to the timing of the event; the mechanics of the fall and can virtually establish liability.
Insurance policies that potentially cover premises liability situations have unique nuances that can be exploited—if your lawyer knows and understands those nuances. There can be tremendous differences between a typical Homeowner’s Policy and a Commercial General Liability Policy concerning who qualifies as an insured, whether “no-fault” medical payments are available, and regarding the limits of coverage available. Mr. Goldberg knows and understands these insurance policies and may be able to maximize recovery for his clients.
The insurers often force slip and fall and trip and fall cases into litigation to take advantage of attorneys who have not clearly obtained evidence of a dangerous condition. Some of our clients’ largest settlements have come during litigation after insurance defense counsel realize that we have all the necessary facts, measurements and evidence to establish liability in court.
His Dedication. Your Results.
Time and time again, this “professional approach” has yielded remarkable results on premises liability cases for our clients.
Here at the Barry P. Goldberg Law Corporation, we have been successfully personal injury cases, such as slip and fall injury cases, for decades. A team of experienced professionals is always working to help victims get the compensation they deserve. If you are looking for a Woodland Hills slip and fall attorney, call on us today for safe, reliable and dependable legal representation services.
Preventing Slip and Fall Accidents on Your Company Property
Slip and fall accidents can happen to anyone, at any time, and any place, including in your company property as a Woodland Hills, CA slip and fall lawyer knows. Slip and fall incidents are often caused by slippery floors, wet surfaces, uneven pavements, and many other factors. These hazards can lead to injuries, loss of productivity, and even legal liabilities that can hurt your reputation and your bottom line. As a business owner or manager, it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of your employees, customers, and visitors. Learn about how to keep your property safe, but if you experience an accident on company property, contact the Law Offices of Barry P. Goldberg for help.
- Keep your floors and surfaces clean, dry, and free from any debris or spills. Make sure to use slip-resistant mats and reflective tape in areas where there is a high risk of slipping, such as entrances, corridors, and restrooms. Establish procedures for regular inspection and cleaning of your floors, especially in high traffic areas.
- Poor lighting can contribute to slip and fall accidents, and it can be a big turn off for your customers or visitors. Make sure that your company property is well-lit, especially in areas with stairs, uneven surfaces, or low visibility. Install motion-activated lights in hallways and restrooms, and make sure that all bulbs are working correctly.
- Encourage your employees to wear proper footwear that is slip-resistant and supportive, especially if they work in areas that require them to be on their feet for extended periods. You can even require that they wear these types of shoes as part of a uniform dress code for their protection. Provide slip-resistant shoes or boots to your staff if your budget allows for it, and make sure that they fit correctly and are comfortable to wear.
- Educate your employees on the hazards of slip and fall accidents, and provide them with proper training on how to prevent and respond to such incidents. Make sure that they know how to report any potential hazards or incidents, and have a clear process in place for addressing them promptly. A Woodland Hills slip and fall lawyer can also consult on what sort of procedures you should put in place in case of emergency.
- Regular maintenance of your facility can significantly reduce the risk of slip and fall accidents. Perform routine checks on your building’s exterior, including sidewalks, parking lots, and loading docks, for any cracks or uneven surfaces. Ensure that handrails and guardrails are secure and in good condition, and make sure that any spills or leaks are promptly cleaned up.
Preventing slip and fall accidents in your company property is critical for ensuring the safety of your employees, customers, and visitors. As a business owner or manager, it is your responsibility to ensure that your company property is safe for everyone who enters it. Investing the time and resources into preventing slip and fall accidents can save you from costly legal liabilities, reputation damage, and most importantly, harm to the people who rely on your business.
If you are on someone’s company property and you experience an accident because they did not follow the above tips, contact a Woodland Hills slip and fall lawyer at the Law Offices of Barry P. Goldberg today.
“Barry is the most amazing Personal Injury Lawyer! He goes above and beyond! He is the expert in Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Law! Highly recommend”