Personal Injury Lawyer for Slip and Fall Claims in San Fernando Valley, CA

If you were injured in someone else’s home or on business property in San Fernando Valley, you may be entitled to an insurance settlement. Contact attorney Barry P. Goldberg to discuss your legal rights today.

Despite often being thought of as “minor” accidents, slips and falls regularly cause severe injuries. The impact from slipping or falling down an escalator or flight of stairs can be jarring on the body, and this can lead to broken bones, spinal cord damage, and other serious medical conditions. After a slip or fall accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible, and it is critical that you speak with an experienced personal injury attorney about your legal rights.

With offices in San Fernando Valley, attorney Barry P. Goldberg regularly represents clients who have suffered serious injuries at local homes, businesses, and government buildings. Mr. Goldberg has more than 35 years of legal experience, and since establishing his own firm in 2005 he has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. He knows what his clients expect, and he knows what it takes to win. If you need an accident and injury lawyer for a slip or fall accident claim in San Fernando Valley, Mr. Goldberg is the right choice to help you fight for just compensation.

In most cases, slip and fall accident claims are resolved through out-of-court insurance settlements. Homeowners’ insurance policies and commercial general liability policies cover most premises-related accidents; and, when presented with strong evidence of liability, the insurance companies will typically agree to negotiate a fair settlement instead of fighting a losing battle in court. While Mr. Goldberg seeks to negotiate favorable settlements for his clients as quickly as possible, he is also a tenacious litigator who does not hesitate to take cases to trial.

What Do Clients Think About Barry P. Goldberg, A Professional Law Corporation?

When choosing an injury lawyer, one of the best places to look for advice is the attorney’s past clients. Here is just one example of what satisfied clients have to say about working with Mr. Goldberg:

“Thank you so much for everything you did for me on my case – all the hard work, support and all your efforts. You were there for me during a difficult time in my life. It means more than you will ever know.”

Types of Slip and Fall Accident Cases We Handle

Barry P. Goldberg, A Professional Law Corporation has the experience and resources necessary to handle even the most complex premises liability cases in San Fernando Valley, CA. We provide free initial consultations for all types of slip and fall accident claims, including:

  • Falls due to broken steps and stair treads
  • Falls due to torn carpeting and other flooring issues
  • Falls down stairs and escalators
  • Missing and defective handrail accidents
  • Sidewalk trips and falls
  • Slips on spills and recently cleaned floors
  • Swimming pool accidents
  • Weather-related slips, trips, and falls

Answers to FAQs About Slip and Fall Accidents

If I slipped or tripped, isn’t that my own fault?

No, not necessarily. When you are at a party, patronizing a business, or visiting a government building, you do not expect to be put at risk for serious injury. We cannot walk around constantly thinking to themselves, “Could the floor here be wet?” or, “What if this stair doesn’t support me?” Smart, safe people slip and fall all the time, and those who seek the right legal representation regularly secure financial compensation for their medical bills and other losses.

What types of property owners can be held liable for slip and fall injuries?

Under California law, potentially any property owner (or tenant) could be held liable for a visitor’s slip or fall-related injuries. This includes:

  • Government agencies
  • Homeowners
  • Hotels
  • Professional service providers
  • Restaurants
  • Retail stores
  • Sports and entertainment venues

Do I really need to sue my neighbor?

If you were injured at a neighbor’s house, it is understandable not to want to get involved in a contentious lawsuit. But, the truth of the matter is that most premises liability claims are resolved through insurance. Your neighbor’s insurance policy most likely covers your injury-related losses, and you could recover just compensation without ever taking anyone to court.

How long do I have to file a slip and fall accident claim in California?

Under California law, slip and fall accident victims generally must file their claims within two years of the date of the accident. However, it is important to investigate promptly, as evidence will need to be collected before it disappears.

Schedule Your Free Consultation Now

If you have been injured in a slip or fall and would like to speak with an award-winning local personal injury attorney about your rights, contact Barry P. Goldberg, A Professional Law Corporation. To schedule a free and confidential consultation at our offices in San Fernando Valley, call (818) 222-6994 or send us a message online today.