When you get injured and someone else is to blame, California law entitles you to financial compensation for all of your injury-related losses. This includes medical bills, loss of income, future expenses, pain and suffering, and various other forms of physical, psychological, and emotional harm.
However, recovering this compensation is not as easy as it should be. Unfortunately, the insurance companies go to great lengths to deprive accident victims of their rights. As a result, it is quite common that accident victims recover far less than they deserve. And the worst part about all of this is that very often, accident victims do not realize that they are being mistreated. If you have been injured, you need to make sure the insurance companies do not take advantage of you, and this means putting an experienced attorney on your side.
What Barry’s Clients Say
When you need a lawyer for injuries sustained in a vehicle collision or other accident, you need to act quickly, but you also need to make an informed decision. One of the best ways to choose a trustworthy injury lawyer is to look for reviews and testimonials. Here are just a couple examples of what past clients have said about their experience with attorney Barry P. Goldberg:
“I suffered through a not-my-fault auto accident . . . [and] Barry Goldberg did an excellent job of pursuing [the at-fault driver’s insurance company] until we reached a more than fair settlement. He . . . achieved a great result considering all the circumstances. I would highly recommend him to anyone with a personal injury lawsuit!”
“[After almost] a year of trying to resolve a case where I was rear-ended, a friend highly recommended Barry Goldberg . . . He took his time explaining the case and putting it into layman’s terms but most importantly, [he] gave me the confidence to move forward! I feel confident knowing that I am finally in good hands. Thank you Barry!”
Experienced Representation for Injury Victims in the San Fernando Valley
With well over three decades of experience representing accident victims and their loved ones, attorney Barry P. Goldberg is the go-to choice for seeking compensation after an accident in the San Fernando Valley. Mr. Goldberg routinely represents clients in cases involving:
- Car Accidents – Mr. Goldberg is well-known for his vast experience in car accident cases in the San Fernando Valley area. He understands the local roads, and he knows how to help his clients seek maximum compensation for their accident-related injuries and losses.
- Truck Accidents – Truck accidents often involve serious injuries, and they call for serious legal representation. Barry P. Goldberg fights for his clients, and he is passionate about making sure the trucking companies are held accountable for their mistakes.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents are far too common, and too often they have tragic consequences. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident in the San Fernando Valley, Mr. Goldberg is here to help you win just compensation.
- Hit-and-Run Accidents – If you were injured in a hit-and-run accident, do not give up hope. Mr. Goldberg has extensive experience helping clients secure compensation after hit-and-run accidents in the San Fernando Valley, and he can pursue all available sources of compensation on your behalf.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Driver Accidents – Goldberg is a recognized authority in the area of uninsured/underinsured driver claims. If you were injured by an uninsured driver, or if the at-fault driver’s insurance is not enough to cover your losses, Mr. Goldberg can use his experience to help maximize your financial compensation.
- Bicycle Accidents – Bicyclists have many of the same rights as motorists, but you would not know it from the way that many people drive in the San Fernando Valley. Were you injured on your bicycle? If so, attorney Barry P. Goldberg will fight to hold the negligent driver accountable.
- Insurance Law – By law, insurance companies are required to adhere to the terms of the policies they issue and handle all policyholder and third-party claims in good faith. If you, like many people, are struggling to receive fair treatment from an insurance company, Mr. Goldberg will put his gloves on for you.
- Dog Bites – Dog bites can result in debilitating and disfiguring injuries, and most dog bite cases involve claims against the dog owner’s home insurance company. Mr. Goldberg can use his vast experience in insurance settlements and litigation to help you recover just compensation.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Business, residential, and public property owners all owe legal responsibilities to protect against avoidable accidents and injuries. If you were injured on public or private property, you can count on Mr. Goldberg to fight aggressively, professionally, and ethically on your behalf.
- Wrongful Death – If you have suffered the tragedy of losing a loved one too soon, you do not have to deal with your situation alone. Mr. Goldberg is here to help you understand your options and help you win the compensation your family deserves.
FAQs: Your Rights After an Accident in the San Fernando Valley
Q: What should I do if I have been injured in an accident?
If you were recently injured in an accident – whether in the past five minutes or the past five days – there are several steps you should try to take as soon as possible. To protect your rights and preserve your claim for maximum compensation, you should:
- Take photos
- Write down these key details about the accident
- Seek prompt medical attention
- Follow your doctor’s advice (or seek a second opinion if necessary)
- Speak with an experienced personal injury attorney
Q: What mistakes do I need to avoid?
Along with taking the steps we just outlined, in order to protect your rights, you also need to avoid a number of common mistakes. Far too often, accident victims jeopardize their financial recoveries by making mistakes such as:
- Trying to deal with the insurance companies directly
- Trying to “work something out” with the other driver
- Returning to work too soon
- Talking about the accident on social media
- Waiting too long to seek medical or legal help
Q: How do I know if I need a personal injury lawyer?
The only way to know if you need a personal injury lawyer is to speak with one about your case. The reality is that personal injury law is extremely complex, and you simply cannot understand your rights without a firm grasp of both (i) the unique facts of your case, and (ii) the various California laws that apply. Mr. Goldberg offers free initial consultations to all potential clients, and he will be more than happy to give you a straightforward assessment of your case.
Q: How can a lawyer help after a hit-and-run accident?
If you were injured in a hit-and-run accident, an experienced attorney such as Barry P. Goldberg will be able to use numerous sources of information to help you seek just compensation for your injuries. Whether you were involved in a pedestrian accident, a bicycle accident, or a vehicle-to-vehicle collision, Mr. Goldberg can use his extensive experience to help you win the compensation you deserve.
Q: Aren’t all personal injury lawyers the same?
No, not at all. From the location where an attorney practices to his or her years of experience and record of success, there are numerous factors that can set one attorney apart from the rest. In addition to reading reviews and testimonials, when choosing a personal injury lawyer, you should also feel comfortable asking as many questions as you want so that you can feel confident in your choice of legal representation.
Q: Does it matter if I wait to pursue my claim with the insurance company?
Yes. While California’s statute of limitations gives you two years to pursue most personal injury claims, the longer you wait, the more you can jeopardize your case. From collecting evidence to obtaining medical care and speeding up your financial recovery, you have every reason to start your claim as soon as possible.
Q: Where can I learn more about my rights and what I need to do?
We believe in giving accident victims the information they need to make smart decisions about protecting their legal rights. To learn more of what you need to know after an accident in the San Fernando Valley, we encourage you to review these resources:
- Our Accident Center, where you will find critical information about protecting your rights in the aftermath of an accident.
- Our Personal Injury Blog, which includes dozens of articles about accident victims’ rights in California.
Injured in the San Fernando Valley? Call or Click for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in an accident in the San Fernando Valley, you have every reason to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with attorney Barry P. Goldberg, you can call (818) 222-6994 or contact us online 24/7. You pay nothing unless we win, so get in touch now and put Mr. Goldberg’s decades of experience on your side.