Car Accident Lawyer Tarzana Park, CA
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you can turn to an attorney for assistance. In the moments immediately after the wreck, it is important to know what to do, so you can protect yourself for further loss and damages. We understand how much your life may change after being part of a terrible car accident. We believe in fighting for the compensation you deserve, so you can get back onto two feet and live the life you had before all of this tragedy unfolded.
Protecting Your Legal Rights
There are many things to consider as you get out of your car from the accident and survey the scene. It is always encouraged that you call for help, as injuries are very likely to occur even if you do not feel them right away. An attorney may ask for copies of doctor evaluations, bills, diagnostics and anything else related to your injuries. These documents can serve as evidence for your lawsuit against the other driver, in addition to showing how much you need in order to satisfy debts and losses. If you find yourself in a car accident, consider taking these steps:
- Call the police and get a police report of the accident. Obtain the officer’s name, identification and an incident report number
- Exchange information with the other driver (name, contact, insurance company, driver’s license number)
- Take pictures of the scene including vehicle damage, weather, street layout, road conditions, traffic signs, and visible injuries
- Seek medical care if you are experience pain, discomfort or dizziness and follow up with your doctor in the days after
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident
- Contact an attorney for legal advice to ensure your rights are protected as your claim is being handled
When to Hire a Lawyer
We highly recommend obtaining legal representation after a serious wreck, especially if one or more people were injured, multiple parties were part of the accident, one or more were uninsured, or the police report doesn’t match the incident. An attorney may strongly advise against handling insurance companies alone, even your own. While an insurance company markets themselves through promising you are protected when an accident occurs, they also may try and keep as much money as they can. It is likely that your claim will be undervalued, and you may accept a settlement that does not adequately cover all of your needs. Additionally, the other driver’s insurance company may do whatever they can to reduce or deny your claim entirely.
Please do not let others take advantage of you during this time, as you have likely suffered substantially when the accident wasn’t your fault in the first place. Call today to book a consultation with a car accident lawyer Tarzana Park, CA trusts at Barry P. Goldberg. They are here for your behalf.