If you were injured in a car accident, you should talk to a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley CA. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents occur every day in the state of California and can result in a wide range of injuries. Here are some common causes of these collisions:
- Distracted Driving: It’s important for drivers to always have their attention on the road ahead of them. However, drivers are often faced with distractions, like texting, changing the stations on the radio and eating. If they take their focus off the road for even a few seconds, they’re in danger of getting into an accident.
- Speeding: Even though speed limits are clearly posted on signs on the road, some drivers still choose to speed. They may be in a hurry to get to work or another important place. However, driving above the speed limit is dangerous. It can lower your reaction time and you won’t have enough time to stop for an emergency.
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving is one of the most common causes of vehicle collisions. Alcohol can reduce your judgment and make it more difficult to focus on the road ahead. If you think you’ve had too much to drink, don’t get behind the wheel. Call a family member or friend to pick you up.
- Drowsy Driving: As a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley CA can confirm, drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. When you’re running on little sleep, you can’t properly react to conditions on the road. You may even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Running Red Lights: Some car accidents result when a driver blows through a red light. They may be in a hurry to get somewhere and think they can get away with going through a red light.
- Vehicle Defects: It’s up to every driver to maintain and repair their vehicle when necessary. Damaged car parts can contribute to vehicle collisions. For example, if the brakes on your car are shot, they can cause you to lose control of your vehicle.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Poor weather conditions, like rain, snow and ice, can make it more difficult to drive on the road. Drivers are more likely to get into accidents if they aren’t careful. During poor weather, you should drive slower than usual.
Schedule a consultation with a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley CA today.