Car Accident Lawyer Simi Valley, CA
Did you know that car accidents kill approximately 1.35 million people a year? In fact, road crashes cost many countries 3% of their domestic gross to clean up, repair the roads and take any damages up. More than half of all crash deaths are pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists. And 93% of the world’s fatalities due to car crashes occur in low- and middle-income countries, though that doesn’t mean that there aren’t accidents in higher income countries.
Barry P. Goldberg is considered an expert in the law field. He attended school in Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, got his license to practice in California, and was then admitted practicing law in all courts—including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Goldberg has handled many trials, hundreds of arbitrations, mediations, and argued before the Court of Appeals for his clients.
He’s dedicated himself to personal injury litigation and trial work with the emphasis on ensuring people get the insurance coverage they deserve. He is constantly following the ever-changing laws and legal trends by reading the Court of Appeal decisions, which is a daily piece of literature.
He has many awards that just further prove he cares about his clients and will do whatever he can for them to ensure they understand the legal process, the trial process, settlement process and more. He wants to see his clients get the money they deserve for their injuries or damages to their property. His track record proves he’s good at what he does.
If you need a car accident lawyer Simi Valley, California, Barry P. Goldberg is the attorney for you. He understands the stats that revolve around car accidents, he knows the stats for his state and area of California, and he knows what’s in the law and what isn’t.
His experience is going to be the thing that gives his clients an advantage over the insurance company they’re filing against. He knows how to handle insurance companies, their tricks, their thought processes, and he knows how to win his cases.
What is the Safe System Approach?
This approach takes into account the other road users. This approach looks at people’s vulnerability to serious injuries and recognizes how the system needs to change to be more forgiving to human error. This is partially where the speed limit system, roadside pull-offs, safe vehicle standards and more come into play.
Did you know increasing your speed can increase your risk of crashing? And it can increase the chances of the crash being more severe. And in serious crash risk, the death risk towards passengers in the front passenger seat goes up 4.5 times after you go over 31 miles per hour.
Furthermore, we have laws against drinking and driving because we have proof that driving under the influence can cause crashes that result in death or serious injuries more than a regular crash. If your blood alcohol level is .04, you’re at more risk for a crash, even though the state limit allows it.
Be careful out there and find a lawyer you trust if you’ve been injured in a car accident. Contact Barry P. Goldberg today.
Why You Should Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
If you were recently injured in a car accident, you may wonder if you should hire a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA or not. Although you’re not required to retain legal counsel, it’s in your best interest to do so. Here are a few good reasons to work with a lawyer.
- A lawyer knows the true value of your case. If you don’t have a legal background, you might not know the true value of your car accident case. You may assume you can only get compensated for your medical bills and lost wages. However, you may be eligible to receive compensation for damage you didn’t know about. For example, if you suffered anxiety and depression after the accident, your lawyer may be able to help you pursue compensation for emotional distress. An experienced lawyer can assess the details of your case and determine its true value.
- The insurance company isn’t on your side. When the negligent driver’s insurance company contacts you after the accident, they might seem nice and truly concerned about your well-being. However, understand that the insurance company doesn’t have your best interests in mind. They care about their bottom line first. That’s why it pays to have a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will handle the negotiations and won’t let the insurance company take advantage of you.
- You will have less stress. Dealing with an injury from a car accident is stressful enough. You don’t need the added stress of handling your own car accident lawsuit. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA will handle all the legwork so that you can focus on your recovery.
- A lawyer is motivated to win. Most car accident lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that they only get paid if they win their client’s case. Therefore, your lawyer will be extra motivated to work hard on your case.
- A lawyer will represent you in court. The majority of car accident lawsuits get settled out of court. However, if the insurance company isn’t willing to offer you a sufficient settlement, going to court may be necessary. Then, it becomes especially important to have a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will provide a strong argument in front of a judge and jury and increase your chances of winning your case.