Car Accident Lawyer Simi Valley, CA
Did you know that car accidents kill approximately 1.35 million people a year? In fact, road crashes cost many countries 3% of their domestic gross to clean up, repair the roads and take any damages up. More than half of all crash deaths are pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists. And 93% of the world’s fatalities due to car crashes occur in low- and middle-income countries, though that doesn’t mean that there aren’t accidents in higher income countries.
Barry P. Goldberg is considered an expert in the law field. He attended school in Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, got his license to practice in California, and was then admitted practicing law in all courts—including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Goldberg has handled many trials, hundreds of arbitrations, mediations, and argued before the Court of Appeals for his clients.
He’s dedicated himself to personal injury litigation and trial work with the emphasis on ensuring people get the insurance coverage they deserve. He is constantly following the ever-changing laws and legal trends by reading the Court of Appeal decisions, which is a daily piece of literature.
He has many awards that just further prove he cares about his clients and will do whatever he can for them to ensure they understand the legal process, the trial process, settlement process and more. He wants to see his clients get the money they deserve for their injuries or damages to their property. His track record proves he’s good at what he does.
If you need a car accident lawyer Simi Valley, California, Barry P. Goldberg is the attorney for you. He understands the stats that revolve around car accidents, he knows the stats for his state and area of California, and he knows what’s in the law and what isn’t.
His experience is going to be the thing that gives his clients an advantage over the insurance company they’re filing against. He knows how to handle insurance companies, their tricks, their thought processes, and he knows how to win his cases.
What is the Safe System Approach?
This approach takes into account the other road users. This approach looks at people’s vulnerability to serious injuries and recognizes how the system needs to change to be more forgiving to human error. This is partially where the speed limit system, roadside pull-offs, safe vehicle standards and more come into play.
Did you know increasing your speed can increase your risk of crashing? And it can increase the chances of the crash being more severe. And in serious crash risk, the death risk towards passengers in the front passenger seat goes up 4.5 times after you go over 31 miles per hour.
Furthermore, we have laws against drinking and driving because we have proof that driving under the influence can cause crashes that result in death or serious injuries more than a regular crash. If your blood alcohol level is .04, you’re at more risk for a crash, even though the state limit allows it.
Be careful out there and find a lawyer you trust if you’ve been injured in a car accident. Contact Barry P. Goldberg today.
Top Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
Your vehicle is probably a necessary part of your everyday life. It should safely take you from point A to point B, but sometimes it doesn’t. Unfortunately, car accidents can occur to anyone at any time. Several elements can increase the odds of an accident. Familiarizing yourself with the risk factors may help you stay safer on the road.
Driving While Distracted
Distracted driving is the number one cause of car accidents. As technology continues to advance, so do the number of distractions. Drivers regularly talk on their cell phones, text, adjust the radio, check the GPS, and more. These tasks can range from dangerous to outright illegal. Whether you were the distracted individual or were hit by one, you can consult with a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, to discuss your case.
Exceeding the Speed Limit
Speed limits are set for multiple reasons. While a low limit can be frustrating, it is a sign that there may be hazards such as sharp curves, pedestrians, hidden drives, or wildlife crossings. Disregarding speed limitations also causes vehicles to be driving at variable rates, thus increasing the chance of an accident. It’s important that everyone on the road obeys posted limits. Barry P. Goldberg may be able to discuss your options if you had an accident while driving at an inappropriate speed.
Disregarding Stop Signs and Lights
From slowly rolling through stop signs to driving full speed through a red light, failure to come to a complete stop causes accidents. Many of those incidents are side impacts and rollovers. Thankfully, major intersections frequently have traffic cameras to discourage unacceptable driving. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, may also be able to use that footage in your case in the event of a crash.
Operating Under the Influence
One far too common cause of accidents is operating under the influence. Whether the drivers are influenced by alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription medications, their skills and reflexes can be severely impacted. As accidents resulting from driving under the influence are often preventable, you may want to talk to Barry P. Goldberg if you have been involved in one.
Not all accidents are due to driver errors. Failing equipment can cause single or multi-car accidents. Whether the failure was from deferred maintenance or a design flaw may affect the case. It is vital to upkeep your vehicle and be mindful of recalled parts.
4 Myths About Motor Vehicle Accidents
A car accident can be a devastating experience. If you know someone who has been in an automobile crash, you may have some ideas about what happens after a car accident. Here are four common myths about motor vehicle crashes.
1. Medical Treatment Is Optional
After a motor vehicle accident, you may be in a state of shock or disbelief. You may also think that you are not injured. It is vital to seek a medical evaluation and treatment immediately after an accident. Do not turn down a trip to the hospital because you think it may be an inconvenience. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, with the law firm of Barry B. Goldberg, will review your medical records and advise you on the extent of your damages. Seeking care right after an accident is the best way to document your injuries.
2. The Other Driver Has Insurance
California law requires drivers to have insurance coverage for operating a vehicle. However, the penalty for not having insurance is a fine that may be less than the insurance cost itself. Although most people do not want to risk being liable for an accident without insurance, some drivers do not carry car insurance. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, with the law firm of Barry P. Goldberg, can advise you as to possible options if you have a motor vehicle crash involving an uninsured motorist.
3. Insurance Will Cover All Your Expenses
Car insurance may not compensate you for all your expenses. If another driver is at fault, you will be at the mercy of that person’s policy limitations. You may have some additional coverage from your policy as well. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, can seek remuneration for any damages an insurance company is unwilling to pay. An attorney from the firm of Barry P. Goldberg will demand that all insurances pay for your expenses per the coverages available and help you take legal action if necessary.
4. The Accident Report Determines Driver Fault
After a motor vehicle crash, persons involved or witnesses may call law enforcement to the scene. The police officer will write an accident report. The report usually does not state who is at fault in the collision. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, can help you establish responsibility to make a rightful claim against another person’s insurance or bring a court case.
Why You Should Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
If you were recently injured in a car accident, you may wonder if you should hire a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA or not. Although you’re not required to retain legal counsel, it’s in your best interest to do so. Here are a few good reasons to work with a lawyer.
- A lawyer knows the true value of your case. If you don’t have a legal background, you might not know the true value of your car accident case. You may assume you can only get compensated for your medical bills and lost wages. However, you may be eligible to receive compensation for damage you didn’t know about. For example, if you suffered anxiety and depression after the accident, your lawyer may be able to help you pursue compensation for emotional distress. An experienced lawyer can assess the details of your case and determine its true value.
- The insurance company isn’t on your side. When the negligent driver’s insurance company contacts you after the accident, they might seem nice and truly concerned about your well-being. However, understand that the insurance company doesn’t have your best interests in mind. They care about their bottom line first. That’s why it pays to have a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will handle the negotiations and won’t let the insurance company take advantage of you.
- You will have less stress. Dealing with an injury from a car accident is stressful enough. You don’t need the added stress of handling your own car accident lawsuit. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA will handle all the legwork so that you can focus on your recovery.
- A lawyer is motivated to win. Most car accident lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that they only get paid if they win their client’s case. Therefore, your lawyer will be extra motivated to work hard on your case.
- A lawyer will represent you in court. The majority of car accident lawsuits get settled out of court. However, if the insurance company isn’t willing to offer you a sufficient settlement, going to court may be necessary. Then, it becomes especially important to have a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will provide a strong argument in front of a judge and jury and increase your chances of winning your case.