Car Accident Lawyer Simi Valley, CA
Did you know that car accidents kill approximately 1.35 million people a year? In fact, road crashes cost many countries 3% of their domestic gross to clean up, repair the roads and take any damages up. More than half of all crash deaths are pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists. And 93% of the world’s fatalities due to car crashes occur in low- and middle-income countries, though that doesn’t mean that there aren’t accidents in higher-income countries.
- Top Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
- 4 Myths About Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Simi Valley Car Accident Infographic
- Why You Should Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
Barry P. Goldberg is considered an expert in the law field. He attended school in Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, got his license to practice in California, and was then admitted to practice law in all courts—including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Goldberg has handled many trials, hundreds of arbitrations, mediations, and argued before the Court of Appeals for his clients.
He’s dedicated himself to personal injury litigation and trial work with the emphasis on ensuring people get the insurance coverage they deserve. He is constantly following the ever-changing laws and legal trends by reading the Court of Appeal decisions, which is a daily piece of literature.
He has many awards that just further prove he cares about his clients and will do whatever he can for them to ensure they understand the legal process, the trial process, the settlement process, and more. He wants to see his clients get the money they deserve for their injuries or damages to their property. His track record proves he’s good at what he does.
If you need a car accident lawyer Simi Valley, California, Barry P. Goldberg is the attorney for you. He understands the stats that revolve around car accidents, he knows the stats for his state and area of California, and he knows what’s in the law and what isn’t.
His experience is going to be the thing that gives his clients an advantage over the insurance company they’re filing against. He knows how to handle insurance companies, their tricks, and their thought processes, and he knows how to win his cases.
What is the Safe System Approach?
This approach takes into account the other road users. This approach looks at people’s vulnerability to serious injuries and recognizes how the system needs to change to be more forgiving to human error. This is partially where the speed limit system, roadside pull-offs, safe vehicle standards and more come into play.
Did you know increasing your speed can increase your risk of crashing? And it can increase the chances of the crash being more severe. And in serious crash risk, the death risk for passengers in the front passenger seat goes up 4.5 times after you go over 31 miles per hour.
Furthermore, we have laws against drinking and driving because we have proof that driving under the influence can cause crashes that result in death or serious injuries more than a regular crash. If your blood alcohol level is .04, you’re at more risk for a crash, even though the state limit allows it.
Be careful out there and find a lawyer you trust if you’ve been injured in a car accident. Contact Barry P. Goldberg today.
Top Factors That Contribute to Car Accidents
Your vehicle is probably a necessary part of your everyday life. It should safely take you from point A to point B, but sometimes it doesn’t. Unfortunately, car accidents can occur to anyone at any time. Several elements can increase the odds of an accident. Familiarizing yourself with the risk factors may help you stay safer on the road.
Driving While Distracted
Distracted driving is the number one cause of car accidents. As technology continues to advance, so does the number of distractions. Drivers regularly talk on their cell phones, text, adjust the radio, check the GPS, and more. These tasks can range from dangerous to outright illegal. Whether you were the distracted individual or were hit by one, you can consult with a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, to discuss your case.
Exceeding the Speed Limit
Speed limits are set for multiple reasons. While a low limit can be frustrating, it is a sign that there may be hazards such as sharp curves, pedestrians, hidden drives, or wildlife crossings. Disregarding speed limitations also causes vehicles to be driving at variable rates, thus increasing the chance of an accident. It’s important that everyone on the road obeys posted limits. Barry P. Goldberg may be able to discuss your options if you had an accident while driving at an inappropriate speed.
Disregarding Stop Signs and Lights
From slowly rolling through stop signs to driving full speed through a red light, failure to come to a complete stop causes accidents. Many of those incidents are side impacts and rollovers. Thankfully, major intersections frequently have traffic cameras to discourage unacceptable driving. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, may also be able to use that footage in your case in the event of a crash.
Operating Under the Influence
One far too common cause of accidents is operating under the influence. Whether the drivers are influenced by alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription medications, their skills and reflexes can be severely impacted. As accidents resulting from driving under the influence are often preventable, you may want to talk to Barry P. Goldberg if you have been involved in one.
Not all accidents are due to driver errors. Failing equipment can cause single or multi-car accidents. Whether the failure was from deferred maintenance or a design flaw may affect the case. It is vital to upkeep your vehicle and be mindful of recalled parts.
4 Myths About Motor Vehicle Accidents
A car accident can be a devastating experience. If you know someone who has been in an automobile crash, you may have some ideas about what happens after a car accident. Here are four common myths about motor vehicle crashes.
1. Medical Treatment Is Optional
After a motor vehicle accident, you may be in a state of shock or disbelief. You may also think that you are not injured. It is vital to seek a medical evaluation and treatment immediately after an accident. Do not turn down a trip to the hospital because you think it may be an inconvenience. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, with the law firm of Barry B. Goldberg, will review your medical records and advise you on the extent of your damages. Seeking care right after an accident is the best way to document your injuries.
2. The Other Driver Has Insurance
California law requires drivers to have insurance coverage for operating a vehicle. However, the penalty for not having insurance is a fine that may be less than the insurance cost itself. Although most people do not want to risk being liable for an accident without insurance, some drivers do not carry car insurance. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, with the law firm of Barry P. Goldberg, can advise you as to possible options if you have a motor vehicle crash involving an uninsured motorist.
3. Insurance Will Cover All Your Expenses
Car insurance may not compensate you for all your expenses. If another driver is at fault, you will be at the mercy of that person’s policy limitations. You may have some additional coverage from your policy as well. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, can seek remuneration for any damages an insurance company is unwilling to pay. An attorney from the firm of Barry P. Goldberg will demand that all insurances pay for your expenses per the coverages available and help you take legal action if necessary.
4. The Accident Report Determines Driver Fault
After a motor vehicle crash, persons involved or witnesses may call law enforcement to the scene. The police officer will write an accident report. The report usually does not state who is at fault in the collision. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, can help you establish responsibility to make a rightful claim against another person’s insurance or bring a court case.
Simi Valley Car Accident Infographic
Why You Should Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
If you were recently injured in a car accident, you may wonder if you should hire a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA, or not. Although you’re not required to retain legal counsel, it’s in your best interest to do so. Here are a few good reasons to work with a lawyer.
- A lawyer knows the true value of your case. If you don’t have a legal background, you might not know the true value of your car accident case. You may assume you can only get compensated for your medical bills and lost wages. However, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the damage you didn’t know about. For example, if you suffered anxiety and depression after the accident, your lawyer may be able to help you pursue compensation for emotional distress. An experienced lawyer can assess the details of your case and determine its true value.
- The insurance company isn’t on your side. When the negligent driver’s insurance company contacts you after the accident, they might seem nice and truly concerned about your well-being. However, understand that the insurance company doesn’t have your best interests in mind. They care about their bottom line first. That’s why it pays to have a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will handle the negotiations and won’t let the insurance company take advantage of you.
- You will have less stress. Dealing with an injury from a car accident is stressful enough. You don’t need the added stress of handling your own car accident lawsuit. A car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA will handle all the legwork so that you can focus on your recovery.
- A lawyer is motivated to win. Most car accident lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that they only get paid if they win their client’s case. Therefore, your lawyer will be extra motivated to work hard on your case.
- A lawyer will represent you in court. The majority of car accident lawsuits get settled out of court. However, if the insurance company isn’t willing to offer you a sufficient settlement, going to court may be necessary. Then, it becomes especially important to have a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will provide a strong argument in front of a judge and jury and increase your chances of winning your case.
What should I say when an insurance adjuster calls me?
Shortly after the accident happens, you’ll need to report it to your insurance company. Reach out to your insurance agents as soon as possible, the very same day if you can. Keep in mind though, that after you report the incident, you’re likely to be contacted by someone who is an insurance adjuster. You may think that this person has your best interest in mind because they ask how you are doing, or seem quite friendly. You have to remember that an insurance adjuster is someone who could be looking for ways to misconstrue your statements and reduce or deny your injury claim. Your car accident lawyer Simi Valley, CA victims trust from Barry P. Goldberg can advise you on how to handle this conversation, so you may want to consult with them first before providing an official statement.
Is there evidence my insurance needs for the accident?
Your insurance will need as much information about the accident as you can gather. Hopefully, before you left the scene of the accident, you took photographs of the damage to both vehicles and your injuries, wrote the other driver’s information, and did anything else that could be helpful for your claim. Information that you should have gathered from the driver includes their name, form of contact, current address, ID details, description, insurance company name, and insurance policy number. If your insurance does not have all of the information that they need, then it can cause lapses in your insurance claim. Let your lawyer know if you need an accident to be investigated further so that certain evidence can be obtained.
When should I report the accident if I was rushed to the hospital?
If you are rushed to the hospital because of severe injury at the scene of the accident, then your priority is your health at this time. Just contact your insurance company as soon as you can, or have a close loved one or lawyer do it for you. You may not have been able to gather evidence or even speak with the other driver because of your injuries. Be sure to get copies from your doctor for hospitalization, treatments, surgeries, exams, prescriptions, and anything else that’s related to the injuries you suffered from. Assuming that an officer had come to the scene to help, it is likely that they wrote a report of what happened, which is another useful piece of evidence that your Simi Valley car accident lawyer can help you get a copy of in the days to follow.
How come I am being blamed for the accident?
All too often innocent people get blamed for things that they did not do. Unfortunately, in the midst of a serious car accident, especially when there is substantial personal injury and property damage, insurance companies may blame people who are not really at fault. Your Simi Valley lawyer car accident team can protect you from being blamed for something that you didn’t do. And even if you think that you may have been partially responsible for the accident, you still may be owed compensation. But what would happen is, your compensation amount will be reduced by the percentage you are found responsible for.
Who is going to be my best advocate right now?
Friends and family are probably going to do what they can to help you after a car accident, especially be sustained Serious injury. They may offer well-meaning advice, but it may be best to leave the legalities up to your lawyer to handle. They have knowledge of the law that the average person does not, and can strategize for your behalf.
Have you recently been in an accident and need help from a Simi Valley, CA car accident lawyer?
Look no further than Barry P. Goldberg. We have represented many victims of car accidents who are suffering financially and physically and need someone to advocate for their best interest. Let’s say you were just involved in a car crash and suspect the other driver is at-fault. To prove so, you will need certain types of evidence, which we have gone into further detail below. If you have questions or need someone to come to your aid immediately, reach out as soon as you can.
Pictures and Video
Before leaving the scene of the accident, hopefully you were able to take pictures and video footage of your surroundings, damage to both vehicles, and any visible injuries you sustained. Insurance companies who may try to reduce or deny your claim will find it more difficult to do so if you have visual evidence. Visuals can show so much more than words can describe within a matter of seconds. However, if you were not able to take pictures or video because your injuries were serious enough to be rushed to the hospital, the fact that you needed to leave that urgently is also proof that what you went through was serious.
Was there anyone present at the time of the accident? Did good Samaritans stop their cars and try to help you? These are individuals that can be useful in your claim. The more people you have that share your side of the story, the stronger your side becomes. Even people who saw the crash through a window storefront or were walking by. Try to get the names and contact for them before they leave, so your Simi Valley car accident lawyer can speak with them later on to ensure their statement will support your case.
Did you need to see a doctor for your injuries? Did you have to stay in the hospital for a few days at a time? If so, then these documents can be influential when pursuing compensation for your medical bills and other losses. Ask for copies of all medical paperwork related to injuries so you can share this with your lawyer. This will help build your case and emphasize just how much you were affected by the accident. If you are having trouble getting the documents you need, let us know so we can help.
At Barry P. Goldberg, we understand our role in changing people’s lives. We know that assistance from a Simi Valley car accident lawyer can make a positive difference in someone’s ability to recover or get the compensation they need to take care of themselves now and into the future. If you are ready to make a call or send an email, we are ready to help. We will begin by doing a case evaluation then letting you know how to proceed. Reach out as soon as possible so we can come to your aid.
Car Accident Lawyer Simi Valley, CA
If you were hurt in a car accident, you should get in touch with a car accident lawyer Simi Valley, CA residents trust. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you file a lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents occur every day in the state of California. The type of injuries that result may depend on how vehicles crash into one another. Here are the most common types of car accidents:
- Rear-End Collision: A rear-end car accident occurs when one vehicle crashes into the vehicle directly in front of it. This type of accident is more likely to happen if one driver is following another car too closely. If the front vehicle stops suddenly, the other driver won’t have enough room to stop. Other causes of rear-end collisions include distracted driving, poor weather conditions and speeding.
- Head-On Collision: A head-on collision occurs when the front ends of two cars collide with each other in opposite directions. Unfortunately, these types of accidents are more likely to cause fatal injuries. A common cause of head-on collisions is driving too fast around a curve. Distracted and fatigued driving can also contribute to these collisions.
- T-Bone Accident: A T-bone accident happens when one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle. This type of accident typically occurs on the driver’s side of the vehicle. If the driver is going at a high speed, this accident could cause fatalities.
- Multi-Vehicle Collision: A multi-vehicle collision involves three or more vehicles and is more likely to cause serious injuries. As a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley, CA can confirm, these types of accidents frequently occur when a vehicle jumps in front of another vehicle, not giving the other driver enough room to make a reaction.
- Single Car Accident: A single car accident refers to a collision involving one vehicle. A driver may lose control of a vehicle when trying to avoid hitting an object and ends up running into a tree or other stationary object.
What to Do After a Car Accident
No matter what type of car accident you were involved in, you should seek medical attention promptly. The sooner a doctor diagnoses and treats your injury, the faster you can recover.
It’s also important to speak to an experienced car accident lawyer about your case. He or she can help you pursue a claim and improve your chances of receiving fair compensation.
If you were injured in a car accident, you should talk to a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley CA. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents occur every day in the state of California and can result in a wide range of injuries. Here are some common causes of these collisions:
- Distracted Driving: It’s important for drivers to always have their attention on the road ahead of them. However, drivers are often faced with distractions, like texting, changing the stations on the radio and eating. If they take their focus off the road for even a few seconds, they’re in danger of getting into an accident.
- Speeding: Even though speed limits are clearly posted on signs on the road, some drivers still choose to speed. They may be in a hurry to get to work or another important place. However, driving above the speed limit is dangerous. It can lower your reaction time and you won’t have enough time to stop for an emergency.
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving is one of the most common causes of vehicle collisions. Alcohol can reduce your judgment and make it more difficult to focus on the road ahead. If you think you’ve had too much to drink, don’t get behind the wheel. Call a family member or friend to pick you up.
- Drowsy Driving: As a car accident lawyer in Simi Valley CA can confirm, drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. When you’re running on little sleep, you can’t properly react to conditions on the road. You may even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Running Red Lights: Some car accidents result when a driver blows through a red light. They may be in a hurry to get somewhere and think they can get away with going through a red light.
- Vehicle Defects: It’s up to every driver to maintain and repair their vehicle when necessary. Damaged car parts can contribute to vehicle collisions. For example, if the brakes on your car are shot, they can cause you to lose control of your vehicle.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Poor weather conditions, like rain, snow and ice, can make it more difficult to drive on the road. Drivers are more likely to get into accidents if they aren’t careful. During poor weather, you should drive slower than usual.