Simi Valley Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured or suffered loss as a result of another’s actions or inactions, you could benefit significantly from scheduling a risk-free consultation with a Simi Valley accident lawyer. Whether you were injured in an auto accident, you slipped and fell on another’s property, or you have lost a loved one due to another’s negligence, recklessness, or intentionally dangerous behavior, chances are good that you’re entitled to at least one form of compensation as a result of your injurious circumstances. Exploring your legal options now will help to ensure that you are compensated for your medical bills, lost wages, and any other financial losses you’ve incurred as a result of your suffering. Don’t wait until the financial consequences of your injuries have begun to impact your family’s financial wellbeing to connect with an experienced Simi Valley accident lawyer.
Trusted, Respected, Knowledgeable Representation for Personal Injury Victims
Our firm has developed a respected reputation after providing high-quality, client-focused services for personal injury victims and their loved ones for more than 35 years. However, our team doesn’t rest on its reputation nor on the positive press we’ve received in the wake of various awards and recognition we’ve earned – including a top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers rating. Instead, we take great pride in “re-earning” our reputation for excellence by providing knowledgeable, tenacious, and compassionate representation every time a new client walks through our doors.
If you choose to work with our firm, you’ll benefit from our decades of experience and our commitment to continually improving client experience. It is our great privilege to advocate on behalf of those who have suffered as a result of others’ actions or inactions. As such, we work tenaciously to ensure that our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation to which they may be entitled per their individual circumstances. You’ll always be treated with respect when you work with our team. Similarly, your case will always be treated with the attention and focus it deserves, should you entrust your legal needs to us.
No matter how you were injured, our team is available to assist you with exploring your legal options any day or night of the week. When you need answers, we’ll be here to provide them.
Legal Assistance Is Available
If you have not yet begun to explore your legal options, please connect with the experienced California legal team at the law firm of Barry P. Goldberg today. We choose to provide free consultations to any injury victim or surviving loved one of an injury victim, who is interested in receiving a risk-free case evaluation. These evaluations help to ensure that those who have been harmed understand their rights and their legal options. Note that we offer translation services for potential clients who are Spanish speakers. We look forward to meeting with you and learning about how our Simi Valley accident lawyer team can be of assistance during this challenging time.
Mental Health Effects of Getting Injured in an Accident
When many people think about the aftermath of vehicle crashes and other accidents, they imagine physical injuries. While accidents can result in head injuries, broken bones and other physical injuries, they can also affect your mental health. Here are some of the mental health effects you could suffer in an accident.
- Anxiety: If you get injured in an accident, you might experience anxiety afterward. Symptoms of anxiety include nervousness, rapid heartbeat, sweating and trouble concentrating. Anxiety can be debilitating at times and even make it difficult to leave your house. Common treatments for anxiety include antidepressants, cognitive behavioral therapy and exercise.
- Depression: The aftermath of an accident can also lead to depression. For instance, if you had to get your leg amputated after a car accident, you might feel intense sadness that you can’t do normal activities that once came so easy to you. You may also feel hopeless, isolated and have suicidal thoughts.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: A Simi Valley accident lawyer has represented accident victims who develop post-traumatic stress disorder. The condition is accompanied by fear and anxiety, nightmares, irritability, trouble sleeping and flashbacks. Post-traumatic stress disorder can last anymore from days to over a year.
How to Prove Emotional Distress
Emotional distress isn’t as obvious as physical injuries from an accident. Therefore, it’s more difficult to prove. However, you can obtain evidence to prove your emotional injuries.
- Get an Official Diagnosis from a Mental Health Professional: If you’re displaying symptoms of emotional distress after an accident, a Simi Valley accident lawyer may advise you to see a mental health therapist as soon as possible. He or she can give you a proper diagnosis and provide medical records you can use as evidence for your case.
- Write in a Journal: If you’ve suffered emotional distress after an accident, start keeping a journal. Write down what type of mental health effects you’ve experienced and how they’ve impacted your life thus far. For example, if you were hurt in a car accident and are very afraid to get in another vehicle, you should jot that down.
- Ask Your Family and Friends to Testify: Your family and friends have likely noticed how the accident has affected your mental health. They may, for example, notice that you don’t go out nearly as much as you did before and are more irritable than usual. Don’t hesitate to ask them to testify on your behalf.