Uber Accident Lawyer Simi Valley
Applications like Uber and Lyft have revolutionized our society, but they also call for working with a Lyft or Uber accident lawyer in Simi Valley. After a car crash, the person most likely to be held liable is the other driver that caused or contributed to the accident.
However, when using ridesharing apps like Uber or Lyft, who should be held liable can be a bit more complicated. By working with an attorney from Barry P. Goldberg, you can get the assistance you need.
Why Are Lyft and Uber Accidents More Complicated Than Other Crashes?
Navigating the law after any car accident can be complicated, even if it appears like the other driver is at fault, such as there being clear evidence that they were driving under the influence. However, Lyft and Uber accidents can present additional challenges, including:
- Ride-sharing accidents can often involve multiple parties, including other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and the Uber or Lyft drivers themselves.
- Since Uber and Lyft drivers are general contractors determining whether the drivers themselves or the companies they contract their services through are at fault can be complicated.
- Uber and Lyft have complicated insurance policies that require affected parties to navigate thoroughly. Trying to navigate this process yourself can be frustrating, but a Simi Valley Uber accident lawyer can help make the situation clearer.
- Backing up your case may require obtaining sensitive data from Uber or Lyft. Obtaining this data or information on your own can be difficult as Uber or Lyft may try to refuse on the grounds of privacy concerns.
An Attorney Can Help You Obtain Compensation
Whether your Uber or Lyft driver caused the accident or the accident was caused by another driver, it’s essential to seek compensation for any and all injuries. Car crashes of any kind can cause injuries, some of which can even be fatal. From broken bones, whiplash, internal bruising and bleeding, traumatic brain injuries, and more, car crashes can cause a lot of harm. At Barry P. Goldberg, we understand that no amount of compensation can fully rectify an issue, especially in the case of losing a family member. However, gaining financial compensation can help pay for:
- Medical expenses, including surgeries, ER visits, medicine, medical equipment, and more
- Lost wages or job rehabilitation
- In the case of wrongful death, funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Helping cover emotional distress, including the development of disorders like PTSD
An Attorney Can Help Break Through the Silence
To many insurance companies, a call from a car crash victim is just another number they need to file in their system. However, at Barry P. Goldberg, we know every victim is a person that has their own life, family, dreams, career, and more. A car crash can severely impact a person’s physical and emotional ability to enjoy life. With our legal team on your side, we can help break through that radio silence many insurance companies use as a tactic to avoid providing compensation. When you work with a Simi Valley Uber accident lawyer from Barry P. Goldberg, our team can help you and your family gain the necessary compensation you deserve.