Sex Discrimination Lawyer San Fernando Valley, CA
If you’re facing gender discrimination at your job, you should speak to a sex discrimination lawyer in San Fernando Valley, CA. You don’t deserve to be treated unfairly at work. A lawyer can get down to the bottom of your discrimination and protect your legal rights.
What to Do If You’re Dealing with Sex Discrimination
Unfortunately, even in this day and age, sex discrimination in the workplace occurs. Instead of letting it go, stand up for your rights. Here are the next steps you should take.
- Write About the Discrimination in a Journal: If you believe you’re being discriminated against at your job, it’s important to take detailed notes about the incidents. Include the dates, times and names of the people involved. Also, clearly describe what was said or done to you. For instance, if your boss constantly asks you if you’re planning on getting pregnant in the future, you should jot that information down.
- Save All Emails and Other Documents That Prove Discrimination: In order to have a successful sex discrimination case, you have to have sufficient evidence. If you have received any emails or other documents at your job that were discriminatory in nature, a sex discrimination lawyer in San Fernando Valley, CA may recommend keeping them in your records.
- Speak with Trusted Coworkers: Talking about the gender discrimination you’ve been facing with coworkers may seem awkward at first. However, if you have coworkers you truly trust, you shouldn’t hesitate to do this. The more people you have on your side, the stronger your discrimination claim will be.
- Make a Complaint to Your Human Resources Department: If you feel like you’re facing gender discrimination at work, it’s important to express your concerns to your company’s human resources department. Clearly explain the type of discrimination you’ve been facing in full detail. Although this may be an emotional process, try to stay calm and cordial. If you have any evidence, such as emails, that pertains to your case, you should bring those to the meeting.
- Hire a Lawyer: If you plan to file a gender discrimination lawsuit, it’s important to have an experienced lawyer on your side. He or she will help you gather the evidence you need to prove your case and answer all of your questions and concerns.
Schedule a consultation with a sex discrimination lawyer in San Fernando Valley, CA like those at Barry P. Goldberg today.